Here's what I got this week. A big book week, mostly because of my return to NetGalley!
Received from author for my teens: Grace Doll by Jennifer Laurens (thank you! Follow the link to Goodreads if you'd like to learn more about this book.)
Won in a contest over at A Life Bound by Books: Morganville Vampires: Black Dawn (thanks, Lisa!):
Borrowed from the library:
- Two or Three Things I Forgot to Tell You by Joyce Carol Oates
- The Survival Kit by Donna Freitas (yes, I'm still mildly obsessed with books about mothers dying)
- Some slow-cooker recipe books (I'm desperate for some awesome recipes for my 1970's style Crock Pot, so I can justify buying a nice, updated, shiny new Crock Pot. Right now I only have a couple go-to recipes. Have any to share?)
- Some travel guides on Washington, DC (a friend invited Best Girl & I to a football game in early December and I thought I'd make the trip a true learning experience. Best Girl is at the right age to appreciate much of what our nation's capitol has to offer, I think.)
Downloaded to my nook from NetGalley (oh, how I've missed you!):
- Rape Girl by Alina Klein
- The Believing Game by Eireann Corrigan (who was in the audience at the author panel with David Levithan a few weeks ago!)
- All You Never Wanted by Adele Griffin (who was on the author panel with David Levithan a few weeks ago!)
Purchased from Barnes & Noble:
A whole bunch of goodies for the upcoming Collingswood Book Festival next weekend! Everything that AS King has published to date (sadly, her newest, Ask the Passengers, won't be released until later in October. I'm taking some sticker paper, though, that I'm hoping she'll sign for bookplates), some Biscuit books for my nieces, a Skippyjon Jones book for my nephew, and more. I will put them all in a wrap up post about the festival! Are you heading to the festival? Let me know in the comments!
What did you get?
Enjoy your reading!