As part of Scholastic's 90th anniversary celebration, they have developed the You Are What You Read initiative, a new social media where you can share your "bookprint"-- your five favorite books that have influenced your life. You can explore the bookprints of other readers, including celebrities (Taylor Swift, Daniel Radcliffe, just to name a few) and connect with other readers worldwide. It takes just a few minutes to set up an account--I used my Google account, but Facebook and Twitter are other options.
Here’s more of what the site has to offer:
- Discover new books through an interactive web that shows how users’ Bookprints are connected
- Find and connect with users across generations and from around the world to see the books in their Bookprints
- Compare their Bookprints to those of the participating “Names You Know,” and find out if they share a book in their Bookprint with famous athletes, award-winning entertainers, world-renowned scientists, or iconic business leaders
- “Favorite” other books they like and check out what similar users enjoy reading
- See which books have been chosen as Favorites from around the world
- Share a book in the real word through Pass It On, which encourages users to give a favorite book to a family member, a friend, or even a complete stranger.
- Coming Soon: Users can join ongoing conversations about books and Bookprints in “Book Buzz,” a live feed of comments, news, and reviews.
So what books make up YOUR bookprint??
Enjoy your reading!