Last week I had a smoothie program at the library--a woman came in to teach my teens all about the health benefits of smoothies, they sampled a mystery green smoothie, and she made them a berry smoothie to taste. It was way fun and my kids had a blast. I was inspired and the next day I ran out and bought a ton of ingredients for Best Girl and I to experiment with. We have been making smoothies for breakfast every day. I thought it might be a nice change of pace for the blog if I posted about them here.
Today's smoothie: Pineapple-Mango Smoothie
Ingredients: (um, we don't measure, exactly, but that's the fun of smoothies!)
- coconut milk (about a half cup),
- vanilla greek yogurt (a couple spoonfuls),
- fresh pineapple (three rings, cut up. Yes, I buy the pre-cored fresh pineapple!),
- frozen mango (a handful),
- frozen banana (about half. We used frozen bananas instead of fresh instead of watering the smoothie down with ice cubes),
- fresh spinach (about a half cup. Best Girl insists her smoothies are as healthy as possible, which is awesome considering normally she won't touch the stuff LOL)
I have no idea how long this trend will continue in our house (this is actually Smoothie Day 3), but I thought it would be nice to keep track of what we're making, and maybe you guys will enjoy this non-reading side of my life. :)
Enjoy your reading!